Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! I am sorry for the late post as I was on holiday. So without further ado let’s get started!!
The weather is getting colder and we all know that means Autumn is here. Autumn or Fall is probably the season with the most variety of events and the best food for these events. From Thanksgiving to Halloween there is so much delicious food to be made and eaten. But I think that the best dish for Autumn is soup. Below are some of my favourite soup recipes for you to try.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50g onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled
- 1 carrot, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 900g butternut squash
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- 450ml water
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the potato, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, stock and water. Stir and bring to a boil
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Blend until smooth.
Simple Beetroot Soup
3 beetroots, chopped
- In a medium pot boil the water with some salt and add the beetroot. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the beetroot from the water and transfer to a blender. Reserve the water.
- Blend the beetroot ina blender until a smooth consistency is reached.
Please leave a like and subscribe for more great content every weekend!!