Hello my fellow foodies and welcome back to my blog! Before we start I would like to thank Humanity777 for liking my previous post. Another thing I would also like to say is that I would love to hear your ideas and opinions so make sure to leave a comment as if you have ideas for my blog as they would be greatly appreciated. If you want to leave a comment then please click the contact button and enter your name alongside your comment. Also please leave a like if you enjoy the content that I produce as it means a lot to me. And without further ado, let’s get started!
Before we begin, I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of the people who have decided to follow me. As of a few days ago we have 16 foodies (what I call my followers) who follow this blog. As a blogger who has just started out, this is really important to me and it helps me to see that people enjoy the content that I produce. So to all my fellow foodies, I wanted to say a massive thank you and I hope that maybe we can reach 30 foodie followers if we try!
Bloggers to watch during quarantine –
Quarantine, as we all know, can sometimes be a bit boring as you cannot do things to entertain yourself that you used to be able to do. I have been doing many things some of which include watching food and cafe bloggers. I find this very entertaining and also a great way to learn new recipes. I have compiled a list of my top 3 favourite food bloggers with links to their youtube channels. I hope you enjoy!
If you enjoy watching food blogs and have some bloggers that you would like to share then please leave a comment as I would love to see any ideas and opinions you have.
See you next time!
Hello everyone. As you all know the world is in a time of crisis and we are all locked up at home. I hope that you are all staying safe at home. During this period of uncertainty I know that there are food shortages so it isn’t very helpful if I start posting recipes that involve lots of ingredients. Over the next few weeks I will be posting things that will hopefully help fight the boredom and stress of being in quarantine. Some of these posts will include: Simple 3 ingredient recipes, food related things to do in quarantine etc.
I hope that you are all ok and staying safe and that hopefully my posts will somehow be of help to people.
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to beautybeyondbones, Donald Mackenzie and The Dihedral for giving me a like! And without further ado let’s get started!
Happy 2020 everyone! I hope that you have all had a lovely holiday. I myself have had well deserved break for a few weeks but I am back and ready blog again. I have lots of news ideas for different posts which I hope you will like and enjoy. So, I thought to myself, because it’s a new year and it’s also the first year of a decade I thought I should do posts on the first thing you eat. Which happens to be breakfast. I love breakfast because there is such a wide variety of different foods to try and also because breakfast food is made to start off your day and give you energy. Now, I know that this year I did want to have a larger focus on healthy eating but, as we all know, sometimes we deserve a treat….
Berrylicious French toast
3-4 slices of bread ( I tend to use white bread )
100g of strawberries or raspberries
100g of blackberries or blueberries
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl to create an egg wash.
- Dip the bread in the egg wash.
- Melt some butter into a medium frying pan and cook the bread for 3-4 mins.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with the berries of your choice.
Marshmallow French toast
2-3 tbsp marshmallow fluff (depending on how much you want)
3-4 slices of bread
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla to make your egg wash.
- Dip your bread in the egg wash.
- Melt some butter in a medium frying pan and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Once the bread has finished cooking, spread one side of each piece of bread with marshmallow fluff.
- Stack the pieces of bread on top of each other.
- Garnish with whatever you like! (I tend to use either toffee or chocolate sauce)
Please leave a like and subscribe for more content. Leave a comment if you have any opinions or suggestions for me! 🙂
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to Donald Wilson, CookingWithoutLimits, Roadtoahealthierlife, Melissa and laurencelewis1960 for giving me a like. I would also like to say a huge thank you to laurencelewis1960 for following me. And without further ado let’s get started!!
Happy Christmas everyone!! The best time of the year has finally arrived. From opening presents to eating Christmas dinner I love it all! I wasn’t planning to post recipes today but then I realised something. When I did my first “the lead up to Christmas post” I put in sweet treats to give to Santa but I didn’t put sweet alternatives for milk to go with the sweet treats. So I thought “what could be a sweet alternative to milk?”. And here is the answer: milkshakes. Below are some of my favourite milkshake recipes. Enjoy!!
Berry and candyfloss milkshake
a medium handful of chopped strawberries
30g of blue or pink candyfloss
30g melted white chocolate
1 scoop of either strawberry or raspberry ice cream ( I use raspberry ripple ice cream)
- Blend the strawberries and candyfloss together in a blender.
- After that, add in the ice cream and white chocolate and blend again.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!!
Bannoffee chocolate and nut milkshake
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
50g dark chocolate
3 tablespoons milk
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- In a separate bowl melt the toffees.
- Blend the banana, chocolate and toffee together in a blender.
- Add in the peanut butter and milk and blend again.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!!
Please leave a like and subscribe for more content if you enjoy this!!
Remember to leave a comment, even if it’s something small, as I love to hear from you all!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to Donald Mackenzie and Dog Training Guidance for giving me a like. I would also say thank you to Dog Training Guidance for following me. And without further ado let’s get started!!
The lead up to Christmas #2 –
We are only 2 days away from Christmas Eve and I am so excited for that special day to come!! I love Christmas because it means I can have a big party, spend time with my family and friends and cook delicious food!! I think the best part of Christmas dinner is the appetisers because they start off the meal and our appetites! Even though it is a time for celebration, I still like to have healthy food to enjoy. Below are some of my favourite healthy appetisers recipes.
Cobb salad nachos
300g tortilla chips
10 cherry tomatoes
150g black olives (with no stones)
A handful of scallions
2-3 tablespoons sourcream
2-3 tablespoons plain, natural yoghurt
- Mix the sour cream and yogurt in a small bowl to use as a dip for the nachos.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and put in a large bowl.
- Chop the lettuce into small pieces and add to the bowl
- Peel and stone the avocados and cut them into pieces. Add into the bowl.
- Mix everything in the bowl thoroughly and add the scallions.
- Pour the salad onto a large oval plate and arrange the nachos around the salad.
- Leave a gap in the centre of the salad for the bowl with the dip.
2 boiled beetroots
4 tablespoons plain, natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon sour cream
slices of bread (as many as you need considering the amount of people)
- Blend the beetroots, sour cream and yoghurt to better until smooth.
- Toast the bread needed.
- Spread the blended beetroot mix onto the toast.
- Garnish with watercress.
Please leave a like and subscribe for more content!!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! Let’s get started!!
The lead up to Christmas
It is the 7th of December and we are 18 days away from Christmas!! I love Christmas because in my opinion, it is the best time of year to spend time with your family and be connected over food. The temptation to eat all the chocolates in the advent calendar is huge but hopefully I can make them last all the way until Christmas. Today I will be giving you recipes for sweet treats to put out for Santa. Who said we always need to give him cookies?? We can give him sweet treats that I hope he will enjoy!!
Loaded chocolate bark –
300g of chocolate ( any chocolate will work!)
a small handful of Oreos
a small handful of twix bars
a small handful of m and m’s
a a small handful of maltesers
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- Pour into a tray covered in aluminium foil.
- Crush the oreos and maltesers in separate bowls.
- Sprinkle them on top of the chocolate alongside the m and m’s and twix.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Break into medium pieces.
Christmas Cake pops –
200g leftover vanilla sponge cake
200g milk chocolate
- Crumble the cake in a bowl.
- Shape the cake crumbs into small balls with the help of a spoon.
- Place cocktail sticks in the balls.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and pour in a bowl.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate, making sure they are fully covered.
- Add the sprinkles as decoration to the cake pops.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is solid.
Please make sure to hit the like button and subscribe for more content!!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to beautybeyondbones for giving me a like. And without further ado let’s get started!!
Happy Halloween my fellow foodies!! The spookiest time of year has begun and we need some scary but scrumptious recipes.Let’s get this Halloween party started!!!
Gory Mimosa eggs –
3 boiled eggs
a quarter teaspoon of red food colouring
3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cut the boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a small bowl and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Add the red food colouring to yolks.
- Using teaspoons, place a small amount of the mayonnaise and yolks in the gap where the yolks were carved out.
Disgusting dirt brownies
N.B For the brownie recipe please check out my post on brownies
50g gummy worms
Leftover crumbs from the brownies
- Scatter the crumbs around the brownies so it looks messy.
- Place the gummy worms on top of the brownies and next to the crumbs.
If you enjoyed this post please leave a like and subscribe for more great content!!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to CookingWithoutLimits, Donald Mackenzie and icecreamagazine for giving me a like. And without further ado let’s get started!!
Spooktober Post 1 –
As you may have noticed, today we are doing something a bit different. As it is getting close to Halloween, I thought I might post my favourite Halloween recipes over the next 2 weeks leading up to it. These posts will be called Spooktober posts and hopefully by the end of these you will have a mind full of Halloween party recipes. Let’s go!!
Spooky Rice Krispy Brains
One third of a cup of butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1tsp red food colouring
300g rice krispies
- Heat up the butter in a pan at low heat until melted.
- Increase the heat to medium and add in the marshmallows.
- Stir until the butter and marshmallows are melted and well combined.
- Add in the food colouring and stir until fully red.
- Mix in the rice krispies and stir until they are well coated.
- Remove from the pan and set on a baking tray .
- After they have cooled down, separate them into oval shaped balls with a ridge down the middle.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Terrifying Marshmallow Spiders
6 large marshmallows
- Get the pretzel sticks and and stick three on each side of the marshmallows.
- Serve with hot chocolate and ENJOY!!
If you liked this post please leave a like and subscribe for more content!!
Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!! Before we start I would like to say a big thank you to CookingWithoutLimits, Donald Mackenzie and eatliveescape for giving me a like. And without further ado let’s get started!!
I absolutely love salads. There are so many different varieties of ingredients you can use, new flavours you can try and much more!! My favourite type of salad is pasta salad and I will providing you with the recipe to my ultimate pasta salad. I also love the simplest salads possible, with just vegetables. Below are my satisfying salad recipes just for you.
Chicken, Mozzarella and Pesto pasta salad
Half a ball of mozzarella (which is around 125g)
1 tbsp and a half basil pesto
80g of grilled chicken (you don’t have to grill it you can roast it too!)
70g farfalle pasta
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and cook the pasta.
- Add in the pasta and mix the salad, then add in the pesto and mix.
Simple yet satisfying salad
1carrot, peeled, chopped
8 lettuce leaves, chopped
Half a beetroot, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces then place in a large bowl.
- Chop the carrot and beetroot and add to the bowl.
- Mix the salad using two spoons and drizzle the olive oil over it.
- Mix once more until everything is combined.
Please leave a like and subscribe for more great content every weekend!!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!! I am sorry for the late post as I was on holiday. So without further ado let’s get started!!
The weather is getting colder and we all know that means Autumn is here. Autumn or Fall is probably the season with the most variety of events and the best food for these events. From Thanksgiving to Halloween there is so much delicious food to be made and eaten. But I think that the best dish for Autumn is soup. Below are some of my favourite soup recipes for you to try.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50g onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled
- 1 carrot, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 900g butternut squash
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- 450ml water
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the potato, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, stock and water. Stir and bring to a boil
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Blend until smooth.
Simple Beetroot Soup
3 beetroots, chopped
- In a medium pot boil the water with some salt and add the beetroot. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the beetroot from the water and transfer to a blender. Reserve the water.
- Blend the beetroot ina blender until a smooth consistency is reached.
Please leave a like and subscribe for more great content every weekend!!